Under the advice of the Madison Heights fire and police
chiefs, and the department heads, the city is immediately implementing the
following protective measures for the next 30 days:
- All nonessential public information meetings
will be postponed.
- All recreation and senior programs will be
canceled or postponed. We will consider refund policies later.
- Our Active Adult center and library will remain open but activities and
programs are suspended.
- Meals at the Active Adult center will continue
for pick-up and delivery only, no dine-in.
- Busing services will continue but passengers
presenting with fever or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to board.
- The city departments are cleaning counters and
work spaces based on information from CDC protocols, and state and county
health department recommendations.
If you have a fever or have been in contact with a
confirmed case of COVID-19 please stay home.
Stopping the spread of COVID-19 requires all of us to
protect our most vulnerable residents. We encourage all community stakeholders,
families, businesses, and schools to adopt their own mitigation strategies, and
recommend the following:
- Learn about the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched
surfaces such as doorknobs, cell phones, and light switches.
- Reinforce best practices for washing hands and
covering coughs and sneezes.
- Maintain a supply of medications, foods, and
other essentials especially for individuals at risk of severe illness or those
already showing symptoms.
- Cancel or postpone large gatherings,
conferences, and sporting events.
- Cancel or postpone smaller gatherings that
involve individuals at risk of severe illness.
- Consider video or audio meetings instead of
This is a temporary situation and we will get through
this but we need a communitywide effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 as
effectively as possible.